The people who - like me and my colleagues - working in marketing are often subject to an identity crisis.
Mainly I think (rightly) why do not we do a shit. But just a dick. We do not sell (spend), do not build (heaven forbid), just talking about something that goes beyond the technical operation of the mouse there is the bubble in the nose, do not do accounts, etc. etc.. They told me that we add value but I do not think you understand what it is and especially loved to what.
However, as in each sub-culture that respects, we live and have our own identity through our nemesis, our anti-hero. Don Camillo quarreled with Peppone, Spank it was leading with Torakichi, Rocky Apollo Creed, Clubber Lang, Ivan Drago and some of his children.
Although we feel very hated by all our colleagues, our opponents are commercial in nature.
The commercial mixed blessing of our function. The company's commercial external calls us is our best friend, is forced to listen, to hear our complaints, we remember what we like, what we are passionate about and laughing with us. They are our outlet sui soprusi che subiamo quotidianamente.
Altre volte però non ci lasciano vivere, ci telefonano mentre siamo concentrati compiliamo un excel di 3.500 righe, camuffano il numero, insistono, minacciano e litigano.
Ieri sono stato a una fiera di settore e ho avuto modo di parlare con diversi commerciali che si aggiravano tra gli stand con sorrisi smaglianti e una pila di biglietti da visita che utilizzavano come stelline ninja.
È stata per me una giornata ricca di soddisfazione professionale per cui mi pregio di riportare qualche stralcio di conversazione.
Specializzazione
Comm.: Carissimo, tutto bene?
Billy: Si grazie, tu?
Comm. Bene, benissimo, as you know I changed my company (extending a business card)
Billy: Ah .. yeah, right .. remember. What do you sell now?
Comm Everything from buy me something.
Competition
Comm X: As I said then we sell the product with only 4 or 5 co-sponsors present, not how the company Y. We hold to our users, we do not want an overflow of information and create a bad mood, you follow me?
Billy: I see. And how many co-sponsors are using the company Y?
Comm X: 6 ...
A little 'confused on what should be my motivation to purchase the business of the company ran into Y.
Billy (ironically) .. And then they told me that they said six sponsors are too many and I have proposed Comm 5
Y (not taking irony): well look at this aspect do not worry. We thought of a contest where no company who will co-sponsor. I call it the "total fraud." Interested?
Billy: This year I finished the budget. Maybe next year ...
Captatio benevolentiae
Billy .... and for these reasons, I'd be interested in a product with performance.
Comm: oh sure! All interested in the products performance, but if we plan porn sites people complain
Billy: well, you see ..
Comm: What then look at the people watching porn are those like me. What they buy your products.
subject to our mood swings, direct and trivial, war machines steel we love our business!
Billy H.
0 comments:
Post a Comment