within the office and soon after completing my ritual mainly based on daily coffee-bathroom-Gazette (the order you choose) I try to concentrate on my daily tasks.
While the corridors are beginning to come alive Lotus tells me that a meeting is scheduled today. The aim is to meet (and I quote "an expert in portal and collaboration solutions in a XXXX. The person is thick, has a practical and theoretical skills of the highest caliber. I think it is an occasion to occasion for a good standard with the outside. "While I wonder about the real significance of the meeting (the confrontation with the outside is an excuse that I can not take seriously), I agree that the meeting is set from 10:00 to 17:00. I am sure it is a mistake in planning, but are still concerned about the day that I had imagined calm and sleepy.
At 10:05 I come to the meeting room by making use of corporate unwritten law that those arriving late is not a boor, but only one that is "really overwhelmed" (actually I was at coffee with colleagues).
With great amazement that I am between:
4 people in my company (IT and all Blackberry-equipped) 7 people
incravattate XXXX company with all Apple laptop turned on and ready to write brief, feedback and minures.
only thing missing is my boss - poor thing - it must be really overwhelmed.
After a few minutes of introduction I will clarify the strategy meeting. The conditions are:
Our company needs the product XXXXX
IT company has pre-agreement with YYYYY to do to buy his product marketing XXXX.
IT needs the approval of the Marketing.
This meeting is to show the potential of marketing the product but will be conducted so that the marketing will not understand anything that you may make objections. On the other hand, the marketing will not buy any other type of product, because whatever you choose IT as Abbagnale remer against the good old days and the company will never have what they need.
Now that I understand my role I focus on my goals: •
go as smooth as possible in the way these 7 h. Meeting
• Make sure your company's product XXXX YYYY there is at least one of the things that need marketing (otherwise undergo a pistolotto by my boss about my roles and responsibilities) •
ready to climb on the bandwagon as soon as possible of what will be the winner (IT)
While mulling over these things enter my head: no longer alone! Now I have an important management support and I decide that the first break, I will reveal what the suspect.
Meanwhile part of the meeting, the person of the company's marketing YYYY esordisce cosi: “Ho preparato una ventina di slide di introduzione. Mi spiace che sono in inglese ma....(pausa di incertezza) io le faccio sempre così”.
Un moto di disgusto mi attraversa il corpo. Metto il cervello in stand by e cerco di ricordare il calendario della prossima domenica di seria A per approntare una strategia fantacalcistica.
Nel frattempo il blackberry del mio capo suona, lui risponde e poi mette giù. Si alza in piedi, emette qualche suono gutturale e bofonchia scuse (ehe andare uhmm interessante..si si peccato ma ci sentiamo) e se ne va. Sono di nuovo solo.
Nel frattempo prende finalmente la parola l’esperto di portal e soluzioni di collaboration, che inizia la sua parte. As he opened his file I drop on the eye to slide num: 89! I feel faint, my head hurts, the bladder is inflated (but no one should never piss ????), do drawings on the block, I watch the game Arkanoid (rooting for the bricks) and a colleague of mine is doing on his blackberry. I try to count the number of words in English that the expert portal and collaboration solutions says, after a few dozen maa I labor, and stop.
After many hours, several lines of IT experts that I pretend to understand, ilazioni the desires of the varied kind of marketing and those of their mental blowjobs ends the presentation of expert portal and collaboration solutions.
'm pissed nero: ho perso tutti i treni utili, salterò metà della cena che avevo in programma e domani dovrò fare tutto il lavoro che non sono riuscito a fare oggi. Ma mentre spengo il pc alla mia postazione esce il capo dall’ufficio e sorridente mi dice “Ah già finito? Aspetta che faccio una telefonata e mi racconti”.
Da bravo burattino mi siedo e aspetto.
Billy H.
0 comments:
Post a Comment