Monday, February 7, 2011

How To Make Magicgate

Let 's talk of taxes

so I 'really want to study tonight I write a post about the taxes in the UK.

inspired by a letter to me and 'arrived last Saturday, where the British tax office, the' HMR & C , kindly note that I did back in 2007 I paid less tax than necessary. The amount requested and 'of £ 324, penny more' penny less, which will 'spread the deduction next year.

are taxed as employees in the UK? It 's not too complicated: In a normal case, the salary and' taxed as follows:
  • £ 0 - £ 6,475 = 0% (default free allowance)
  • £ 6,476 - £ 37,400 = 20% over £
  • 37,400 = 40%
The multiplication table can be read in this way: the first 6000 Sterle are not taxed, then at annual salaries of up to 37,400 and is 'taxed 20%, and the rest is' taxed at 40%. The free allowance and 'variable, depending on deductions that require one every year (for example, donations to charities or professional associations are tax-free). The more 'picky you go to see this section, where the fat lady mate Fletcher explains the details of the charges.

The tax office and the company will exchange data to generate a code for each employee, called PAYE code. The three numbers that make up this code identify the amount of free allowance: if a person has no deductible, its code will be 'a good approximation 647L (where L and' letter generated based on this table ).

Since it 'fairly easy to calculate how much you pay in taxes a year, there are plenty of programs that do this account for you: my favorite' listentotaxman.com , now and for iphone!

But
back to us: how I managed to bust a system so 'easy? 'Cause back in 2007 I paid less taxes? The problem 'was born when I started all'Atos Origin. The UK tax year runs from April 1 to March 31, and I started working for Atos October 15, 2007, nearly half 'of the tax year. Those of Atos thought it was my first job of the year, and have applied all the free allowance on salary from October 15, 2007 until March 31, 2008. Small problem: I had worked at the Citrus Club from April 1, 2007 until August 31, 2007, eroding part of my free allowance. Meanwhile, taxes have changed, and eventually what I have and the Treasury '324 pounds.

Il problema e' stato oggetto di ampia discussione in ufficio - ok, non ho troppo da fare in questo periodo! I punti salienti della discussione:
  • Ma com'e' che dopo 4 anni quelli dell'ufficio delle tasse si svegliano e vengono a chiederti il conto a casa?
  • Ma se loro hanno sbagliato a fare i conti, non sono loro che devono pagare? (punto caldeggiato da me in persona)
  • Alla fine ci ho guadagnato, per via dell'inflazione (magra soddisfazione)

0 comments:

Post a Comment