Sunday, March 6, 2011

Cards For Russian Mothers

The tunnel

There 's a tunnel in Nottingham. It 's a pedestrian tunnel that connects the center of the park. Today I've been there, and I 'came to mind to write this post.

The tunnel is located, coincidentally, at the end of Tunnel Road : you know exactly where to be able to take, since there are indications and not 'at all visible. I lived 6 months in the shelter of the tunnel, and I had no 'idea that it existed. Then a colleague makes me "Ah, but you live near the tunnel," and I, with a dazed expression, I asked a few tunnel was talking about. And so 'are entered in the narrow circle of people who know of the tunnel. I'm risking a lot to reveal this secret, appreciated the gesture.

I mentioned earlier that this tunnel connects the center of the Notts Park. Today I thought about it, and I 'came to mind that looks like one of those tunnels dimensional fairy tales. In 20 meters you pass from the chaotic center - can be chaotic as the center of Nottingham - the quiet of the Park, from residential buildings to Victorian mansions, from gray to green. The way in which 'was made and then' include: the park, the tunnel is a giant tunnel in clay of Nottingham. Another entrance instead they built a palace, one of those big blocks of 5 or 6 floors. They built right on top of one end of the tunnel, and the manufacturer had to leave a small access tunnel between the garage of the building: take the tunnel on that side, it seems like entering someone's home.

the comfort 'of this tunnel for residents of the park and' indisputable: you get to the center without having to climb on the ridge of the castle, where he runs Ropewalk. It 'also a merit of this Park to be attached to the center, without having to share the defects, such as noise or traffic.

All photos are by Mr. Ray Teece and are taken from the site Nottingham21 .

0 comments:

Post a Comment